To pause the music,run cursor to the left and find the music bar

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Happy Belated Birthday Patrick Stewart!!!

We had severe storms roll through here yesterday so I had to have my computer off all day. And I missed Captain Picard Day. I don't usually do that, so I'll celebrate it now.

I love anything Star Trek and I hope it will go on forever like Doctor Who. But The Next generation (for me) has more "favorite" episodes that I can watch time and time again than any other with "Inner Light" being Number One.

Encountering a strange probe, the Enterprise investigates and a beam focuses on Picard. In the space of 20-30 minutes, he lives a lifetime in the community of Ressik on the planet Kataan, whose sun went supernova 1,000 years ago as someone named "Kamin".. The purpose of the probe was to find someone who could tell them of their lives. He has a wife, children and grandchildren. His real-life son plays his son in the show.




He learns to play the flute 


Has a daughter "Maribor"




                             And Has A Best Friend: "Batai"



                                   
                       "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember                                               what we were...and how we lived...then we'll have found life again."
                                          "Now we live in you. Tell them of us...my darling..."

One of the most moving and touching episodes I've seen and it affected Picard the rest of his life.

So Happy Birthday  Patrick Stewart, and as Worf always says:



No comments:

Post a Comment