To pause the music,run cursor to the left and find the music bar

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Opinion: Is Donald Trump, A Psychopath?

  
I love political humor. Hillary Clinton has been an endless source for 20 years as with Bill Clinton, and with Presidential Hopefuls at every election. And lately with Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is a joke. He's a good stand-up comedian trading barbs with all the other candidates. But when does a joke stop being funny? When it's taken seriously. And when the joke swings towards violence with no remorse.

I've always thought he was a plain ol' Narcissist, but lately with every foul, reckless, provocative utterance that comes out of his mouth, I'm rethinking that. 

His verbal attacks, his callousness and remorselessness, and his recent statements that we should use our nuclear weapons 
against our enemies triggered a warning bell in my head.
He's pretty much a classic, clinical, psychopath than the carnival act I once thought he was. 

He has a charisma that attracts followers, feeding off their racism, fears and anger like every cult leader I've ever read about. 
"We're the same! Work together, follow me and we can make things better!"

I fell asleep with the TV on the other night and at 3 am some news channel was covering one of his speeches and even half awake and half listening, a thought jolted me, " This guy is really dangerous." And the notion of psychopath to describe him began to take root. Then when he publicly starts talking of hurling nukes around the globe solidified my thinking. Even if he backs off from those statements, any sane person would never say it on National TV!

I tend to be objective in my thinking. I look at all the possible ramifications of  and future impact of any decision I make to the best of my abilities. Although I (along with many others) like some of what Donald Trump says, in the end...







When does a joke stop being funny? When a shallow, Charismatic Psychopath stands a good chance of becoming president of the United States.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment